With the Marmite sarthoise, put all of Sarthe on your plate. Concocted with chicken from Loué and Jasnières, the Sarthoise pot recipe highlights local products from Sarthe. As Jean-François GIRAULT, one of its inventors within the association of 19 Bonnes Tables Sarthoises, says, “the Sarthoise pot is a recipe that is made very quickly for people in a hurry…”.
The marmite sarthoise recipe
- 700 g of chicken breast (Poulet de Loué or free-range chicken)
- 120 g boneless rabbit hindquarters
- 100g pork belly
- 140 g button mushrooms
- 500g green cabbage
- 200g carrots
- 120g turnips
- 1/4 liter of white wine (Jasnières)
- 1/4 liter of veal stock
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 20 cl of cream
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon oil (peanuts, walnuts)
- Salt pepper
- Coupez la
- Cut the rabbit meat, pork belly and chicken breasts into strips.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and pass them under running water. Chop them up.
- Plunge the cabbage leaves into a pot of boiling salted water. Count 5 mn of cooking, then drain them.
- Peel the carrots and turnips. Cut them into regular sticks.
- Flour the chicken and the rabbit. Brown them in a small pan with the oil. Then add the breast and mushrooms. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat to a plate, pour the white wine into the pan and let reduce by 3/4. Add the cream. Boil for a maximum of one minute and return the meat and vegetables. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- You can enrich the vegetables with a handful of green beans or peas.